Monday, September 10, 2007

Watched From Above




Down on my knees weeding the blackberries this evening, I looked toward the sky and there was a beautiful argiope spider. If I had been on my feet instead of my knees, I would have destroyed all the hard work she had put into her web today. Click on the picture and admire her beauty up close. She's really an attractive creature...and of course very busy keeping those mosquitoes out of my ears.

The hens and ducks were also close by while I was weeding in case I unearthed some nice fat grubs.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got a cross stitch kit of a hen just like yours. I haven't stitched it yet but I was going to put it in the kitchen when I had finished.

hennery said...

Do you really? I WANT IT!! (stomps feet and turns red in the face)

That should be a fun cross stitch to do. You'll have to get a picture of it when you're done with it. They are such attractive checkery chickens. Our checkery pullets don't have their full red combs yet, but they still are pretty. I tell each of them daily that she's getting prettier every day.

Kristi said...

I love your blog! Wanted to learn how to blog this summer, but in all the chaos, I never found the time. Any tips for beginners?

Kristi

hennery said...

You love my blog? Really? Thanks, you're sweet.

If you're short on time, the Blogger (what I use here) is real simple. Doesn't take much time at all. There should be a place at the top of my blog where you can sign up.

Let me know when you're open for business. I feel confident that the pictures I post are fairly private. I have a few strangers drop in mainly from themomblog, but mostly my visitors are friends.