Wednesday, August 15, 2007

As usual, I'm sharing a few new pictures from my garden taken today.
* * * * * *

With a heat index of near 106, my brother-in-law's nephew's girlfriend picked today to move. We got our work-out in the heat this afternoon and had to tease her that she could have picked a hotter day. Fortunately she's a single gal and so it was a cinch compared to moving a family of 5 or more, which I've done many times before and it seemed to be an endless task. The move today took less than three hours.

I was thinking that I'd so much rather be asked to help move furniture and boxes on a hot day than be asked to take somebody meals on wheels or to plan a baby shower. I always feel like a disgusting failure when I avoid womanly tasks like cooking for a pot-luck supper. But see? I'm not so bad. I enjoy being asked to help move.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.